Lemon Water or
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Protcol
Good health starts with a well functioning digestive system. Improving your stomach acid with lemon or raw apple cider vinegar (RACV) water will:
- Help your food digest and absorb better
- Reduce sugar cravings
- Give your liver, kidneys and adrenals a nice flush
- Rehydrate your body after sleep
- Stimulate your bowels to eliminate
- Provide a more ideal pH for healthy gut bugs to flourish
*Both lemon and RACV contribute to a more acidic stomach and more alkaline blood. Sugar on the other hand weakens stomach acid and makes your blood more acidic (ie inflammation)!
For either option:
- Don't use cold water because it's constricting to the stomach and body. Room temp or warm is fine.
- Cut back on the acid or add more water if burning. It should not burn but tingling is normal.
- Although the vinegar option may sound harsh, many clients prefer that over the lemon. I prefer the RACV tool. It doesn't need refrigeration so you can leave it out as a reminder and it has a sweet aftertaste.
- Cut an organic lemon into 6 wedges.
- Start with one wedge and squeeze out as much juice as possible into a large glass.
- Pour warm or room temp water (10-16oz) over juice. Can also be made as a tea using hot water.
- Drink first thing in the morning before food or other beverage
- The lemon might tingle but it should not burn. Add more lemon or more water as needed.
- Work up to 1/2 a lemon in 16oz of water over weeks/months.
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (RACV)
- Buy organic RACV (should say 'raw' and/or 'with the mother' on the label, do not buy pasteurized).
- Dilute 1/4 teaspoon RACV in 10-16oz of warm or room temp water.
- Drink first thing before food or other beverages.
- As your stomach acid improves over weeks/months you can work up to 1 tablespoon in 16oz of water.
You should see noticeable improvements in 1-2 weeks. Initially it can take some getting used to but once you do you won't go back! I even take my RACV with me when I travel.
Important note: For those who already have acid reflux, you must start really, really slow.
Do not use this method if you have a stomach ulcer. heal it first before you introduce more acid.